Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Growing Plants. Source


As I mentioned in my week 1 growth mindset post, I always strive to grow and improve myself. One thing that I have always had some issues with are writing. This class has definitely helped my improve on this skill and I believe that it will continually keep improving. Dr. Gibbs does a great job at getting feedback back to us about the stories and helping us find both spelling and grammar errors. This type of criticism is very rewarding because it seems that there is always a way for me to improve my writing and storytelling. I also really like that this class is open and really lets the students in the class decide what they want to learn about and write about. I think that the feedback provided by both Dr. Gibbs and the other students in the class will continuously help me improve and carry throughout the second half of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. I assume were in a relatively similar boat as engineers. I found this class very difficult at first to get into the habit of writing creative and different stories and other posts. I’ve spent most of the past four years just writing technical documents so this class has been quite the change of pace. I agree though that her feedback is extremely helpful and motivates me to improve rather than feel criticized.

    ReplyDelete