Monday, March 6, 2017

Ryan McElyea's - Week 8 Reflections

Reflection. Source

READING:

  • I think that I have been making good selections in the readings that I have chosen. My favorite was the Ramayana PDE. I feel like it was super easy to understand and comprehend throughout. However, I have enjoyed the YouTube videos of the Mahabharata as well. I usually do my readings either before bed or when I wake up in the morning.
  • I feel like my reading notes last week are definitely what helps me the most. I like to represent the main ideas of each section of reading to help me demonstrate high points in my own writing tasks.
  • I am definitely looking forward to continuing the videos of Mahabharata. The Hero and British tales in weeks 11-12 are something that also sparked my interests.
WRITING:
  • The only story that I am super happy about this whole semester was the one from Week 3 that had Rama and Wonder Woman. Because of that, I plan on writing the rest of my stories with this theme and topic. I have learned that it is difficult for me to stay in one tense (past, present, or future). Being an engineering student, I do not really have much courses that deal with writing a lot. When I have trouble with writing, I usually just good and try to find the correct way to structure something.
  • I am doing the portfolio and like the choice that I made. So far I only have 2 stories in it but will hopefully hace five or six by the end of the semester.
  • Looking ahead I am basically going to do a continuation on the Wonder Woman stories that I wrote about in Week 3. I plan on introducing new characters and ideas that are hopefully related to the readings.

CONNECTING:
  • When I look at other people's story I love how majority of them use a lot of dialogue. Dialogue is one of the things that I struggle the most with so I would love to be able to incorporate it more in my own stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment