Thursday, February 23, 2017

Week 6: Story Planning: Continuation of Wonder Woman and Rama Series

Wonder Woman. Source

For the story next week, I am planning to continue my Wonder Woman mix with the Hindu gods. I am unsure if I will be introducing any new characters from the Mahabharata just yet. I really enjoyed writing about the clash of the two universes. The last story focused in on the first time that there was a meeting between the Hindu characters, Rama and Hanuman, and Wonder Woman in the metropolitan scene.

For the next story, I want to do either a prequel or a sequel. If I do a prequel, I was thinking that I want to focus in on Wonder Woman and maybe somehow link her to the Hindu gods and that is why the portal appeared near Rama and brought them near her. It would be interesting to almost do a Superman style where he was born on another planet and brought to earth for safety. However, in this story, Wonder Woman would have maybe been born in the Rama era and teleported somehow to this new dimension in the modern-day metropolitan that she currently lives in. Somehow, she might be linked to a Hindu god and that is why she has some of the abilities that she does.

If I do a sequel, I might jump into another action scene with Rama and Hanuman fighting against modern weapons and villains with Wonder Woman. If I do choose to do the sequel first, I want to implement some kind of interaction that would trigger the next story I write to flash back to a prequel similar to what is mentioned above. I like being able to use the comic book pictures that are out there between Wonder Woman and Rama and revolving my story around them.


Therefore, whatever direction I decide to go, prequel or sequel, I think that I will continue on my Week 3 story with Wonder Woman and Rama.

Public Domain Ramayana, link to the reading online.
Pikapost. link to the website.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan! I really like this idea! I think your idea of doing a prequel or a sequel would be so cool. I always loving seeing prequels after I am familiar with a bunch of different characters, and looking at their past always helps me to understand them even more! I look forward to seeing your story next week!

    ReplyDelete