Saturday, April 29, 2017

Wikipedia Trail from Ravana to Homer

The links are in the corresponding image links. Pictures were taken from the Wikipedia page.

Ravana Statue. Source

I chose Ravana initially because he was the antagonist in the Ramayana and I loved that story. He was a super interesting character with his 10 heads and multiple hands. I also found it interesting how his ancestors were part of the trinity.

Mythology of Different Cultures. Source

I then went to mythology because the other class that Dr. Gibbs teaches is mythology. This is one class that I wish I would have taken. Mythology is so interesting to me.

Scripture from Parthenon - 440BC. Source

I then went to Ancient Greek because I think it would be fun to visit Greece. I have heard stories that the people are very friendly and the culture is so interesting. Also Greek mythology is great to read and learn about.

Homer. Source

I then went to Homer because he is one of the people that are well known in the western societies in terms of epics. He wrote the Iliad and The Odyssey, which two of my favorite epics of all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment